Summary of Function:
- The Customer Support Specialist position will be responsible for outstanding customer service, manufacturing, and warehouse support. In addition, this position will support special projects for other departments as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sales order management; entering in and managing sales order process including contract review, order confirmation, order change process, customer returns, identifying order abnormalities, etc.
- Provide customer-directed shipment requirements such as timing, quantities, destination, transportation method(s), special instructions, and communication as necessary to Medbio staff and customers
- Receive questions from customers and follow established procedures to provide answers to or refer calls to appropriate staff; typically involves order status, product information, account status, pricing, or service
- Work order management: create, coordinate, and manage production and sample work orders and schedules with Production Management to ensure on-time delivery of all customer orders
- Responsible for forecast management and capacity planning; data analysis of past sales and future demand, combined with customer driven information to determine production planning and operations
- Interface with production personnel, purchasing personnel, etc. on material status and production planning issues to facilitate timely delivery of product to customers
- Maintain customer database
- Assist with Item and BOM set up as needed
- Coordinate special projects for all departments as necessary
- Responsible for confidentiality of financial, sales and personnel data
- Additional responsibilities include system set up and maintenance
- Directly reports to the Supply Chain Manager, while working closely with production management, engineering, and sales. Needs to be a team player and work closely with entire Medbio team.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Suite and ERP required, IQMS a plus)
- Microsoft Power BI and Dynamic 365 experience helpful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must present self in a professional manner
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills
- Able to multi-task and adjust between projects as needed
- Hours from 8:00am-5:00pm daily, with occasional overtime required
- Previous customer service and manufacturing experience a plus
- Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Must be able to work and perform what would be considered standard practices for this type of positions in the industry.