- Provides moderately complex help desk and computer support. Work involves providing first-level support to the user community for computer hardware and software-related questions and troubleshooting via the phone or remote connection. Installs computer hardware and software and provides user training and technical assistance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs computer hardware and software, including memory, SSDs, operating systems, Microsoft 365 and other required accessories and applications for clients and servers.
- Configures Windows, ERP virtual private network (VPN) and local area network (LAN) access.
- Provides routine maintenance and support of company equipment, telecommunications, and internal network connections.
- Responsible for computer asset maintenance and organization
- Responsible for continuous improvement and the implementation of new technologies to improve efficiency and reduce manual tasks.
- Responsible for report writing, verification, organization, and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex hardware and software problems.
- Monitors system patching, updates, licensing, and security
- Maintains server room organization, including hardware and software inventories.
- Assists in the management/maintenance of help desk tickets and supporting documentation.
- Provides hardware and software training to end users.
- Responsible for complying with the company’s Safety and Environmental Policy manuals, applicable work instructions and reporting any environmental nonconformance and/or potential nonconformance to supervision or management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ERP software and maintenance of as well as training and utilizing best practices of software.
- Responsible for report writing in crystal reports and Microsoft BI as well as support all local software.
- Perform documented steps to resolve common user errors submitted to the Protective Industries help.
- Do initial investigation of uncommon issues submitted to the Protective Industries help desk:
- Document user process steps involved in the issue to recreate in the Protective Industries test system.
- Advise support team members of the issues.
- Assist senior support team members as needed.
- Run existing data import routines for updated vendor pricing, customer sales pricing, and carrier shipping rates.
- Test new programming modifications. Document and report issues found.
- This position will directly report to the General Manager and the Protective Industries IT team. There will be frequent interaction with all departments.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Data Processing, MIS, Math, Business or related area (or high school graduation or equivalent and two years of responsible full-time work experience in a technically-oriented field such as information systems or computer operations) and one year of full-time PC support experience including experience assembling, installing and repairing PC and network hardware and software.
- Must have manufacturing, MES, and ERP experience and understanding. IQMS, Crystal Reports, and Microsoft BI a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical safety.
- Working knowledge of the practices, principles and techniques of computer operations and skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Skill in assembling and disassembling PC hardware and installing and configuring company software.
- Considerable skill in effective communication of complex technical information to people of all levels of technical knowledge.
- Skill in effectively organizing work to meet frequent and/or multiple deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage conflicting priorities and demands.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each major duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the internet, including understanding terminology and best practices.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, department staff and external contacts and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or computer operations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours due to internal and external obligations and to travel occasionally for training.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.