Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Embraces and advances Medbio’s Mission, Vision and Values while fostering a team-first, positive culture
- Perform preventive maintenance per equipment manufacturers recommendations
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment issues. Determine root causes for failures.
- Carefully follow all specifications, department procedures, and ISO/GMP regulations and provide complete, accurate documentation in support of those regulations
- Support production and engineering with projects
- Support department goals and objectives as well as participate in advancing them
- Attend requisite equipment and safety training, which sometimes may be off-site
- Assemble/disassemble injection molding machines as required for repairs/maintenance
- Work with vendors to acquire the appropriate replacement parts for equipment
- Maintain spare parts inventory for molding machines and auxiliary equipment
- Maintain proper records regarding machine maintenance
- Clean screw and barrel assemblies, NRVs, LRs, and Tips as required
- Respond to off-shift calls and offer support as needed
- Complete all duties as assigned
- This position will directly report to the Maintenance Team Leader with daily direction from the Maintenance Technician III. There will be frequent interaction with Engineering and Production personnel.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Be willing to be trained in troubleshooting and repairs
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Able to read basic equipment manuals and write fluently
- Can perform simple operations on general shop equipment (drill holes, operate torque wrench, etc.)
- An orientation toward process improvements
- Knowledge of tools and devices associated with maintaining injection molding equipment preferred
- Must be able to work a standard 40-hour workweek with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility.
- Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility.
- Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues.
- Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet.
- The ability lift and carry various items up to 70 pounds required.
- Pass drug and physical screening