Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain knowledge around injection molding machines and best practices for mold and equipment set-up.
- Safely remove and install all injection molds from machines, regardless of complexity, unless otherwise instructed.
- Install and test all systems appropriately during set-up. Identify and repair any deficiencies.
- Follow the guidance of production documentation, including all special requirements.
- Aid in populating and organizing work cells for operators with equipment and supplies.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Maintain cleanliness of all machinery and support equipment.
- Be involved in making process changes to running machines to correct out of tolerance process limits or correct part quality problems, documenting required changes in the process change log.
- Learn functional skills on automated equipment and systems.
- Provide training to Material Handlers on job specific requirements.
- Act as a back up to Material Handlers to supply raw materials and remove scrap products as required.
- Act as a Machine Operator when needed.
- Communicate with staff on the preceding and succeeding shifts to ensure an effective transfer of knowledge regarding ongoing and upcoming activities.
- Support and adhere to corporate mission, values, and policies
- Performance is reviewed both yearly and on a rolling basis by your ability to:
- Maintain harmonious relationships with other employees and departments
- Provide training and support, where applicable, to shift leaders and technicians
- Identify and follow through on opportunities for improvement in all production related processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Mold Set-Up Technician I reports directly to the Shift Supervisor. The Mold Set-Up Technician I will seek guidance from Molding Set-Up Technicians II and III, Process Technicians and Process Engineers on becoming fluent in machine controls and proper execution of mold set-up.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Degree or trade school certification preferred.
- 0-2 years experience in injection mold and machine set-up required.
- Mechanical aptitude, including use of hand tools
- Experience in injection molding processing
- Must be able to work a standard 40 hour work week with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility.
- Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility.
- Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues.
- Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet.
- The ability to lift and carry various items up to 60 pounds.