Summary of Function:
The Quality Inspector (QI) is responsible for the inspection and release activities for all manufactured products. The QI will assist with activities that support the manufacturing of components and to assure compliance with established quality standards (internal, industry, customer).This position will report for 2nd shift with the hours of 3pm-11:30pm.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate inspection and testing of products (e.g., dimensional, visual, workmanship, product cleanliness, etc.) per Inspection Instructions and Specification Requirements utilizing various equipment such as digital calipers, vision systems, scopes, CMMs, etc.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Work with other manufacturing personnel to resolve inspection questions.
- Accurately document information on various inspection reports and checklists.
- Complete all necessary paperwork per applicable procedures and instructions.
- Notify the appropriate personnel of nonconforming product and take necessary actions to identify and segregate suspect/nonconforming product from further processing or shipment to the customer.
- Perform sample-based inspections to meet requirements for Start-up, In-process, Final release, AQL, incoming material, and component inspection, and other activities as defined by the QM.
- Perform measurement systems analysis studies (GR&R) and characterization studies as needed.
- Provide coverage for departmental tasks when other team members are on vacation/absent.
- Assist in the training of new employees relative to inspection techniques, knowledge of product, and quality principles.
- Support daily/monthly/yearly company and/or department goals and metrics.
- Assist with other data collection activities for engineering or manufacturing studies.
- Contributes in the creation of new production folders.
- Assists with the scanning/disposition of components to and from work stations, including reconciliation.
- Assists with final packaging and Final Audit procedures.
- Identify trends in paperwork or part-quality issues, and communicate escalation topics to the Quality Manager.
- Assist in the implementation and/or improvement of new ideas, processes, and technologies
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and one (1) year of job related experience in Quality Assurance. An Associate’s degree may be substituted for up to 50 percent of this requirement.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Use of basic hand-held measuring equipment.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Able to lift 30 pounds minimum on a regular basis.