Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient machine setup support to Process Technicians
- Organize setup carts and work with production team on setup reduction
- Clean molds (with extreme care and attention) to meet production needs
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner any equipment issues/breakdowns to maintenance
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner any automation issues/break to the automation team
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner any tooling issues to the Production Manager, Process Engineer, and Tool Room Manager
- Assist material handlers in supporting production when needed
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices
- The Set-Up Technician I reports directly to the Process Engineer for technical direction and training. The Set-Up Technician I reports to the Team Supervisor for daily work priorities. Team Supervisors and the Production Manager will provide the scheduling priorities for the Set-Up Technician I. Engineering samples or prototype runs will be scheduled in conjunction with the Process Engineer and the Production Manager to avoid complications.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Preferred 1-2 years experience with plastics injection molding set-up duties
- Good mechanical aptitude
- General understanding of automation systems and equipment
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Strong written/verbal communication, leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Understanding of ISO and FDA/GMP regulations with regard to production processes and documentation practices
- Must be able to work a standard 40 hour workweek with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility. Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility. Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues. Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet. The ability lift and carry various items up to 70 pounds.