Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all established policies, rules, and procedures are followed
- Participate in kick-off meetings to establish clear direction for new jobs
- Communicate with design department to work through DFM concerns
- Operate and maintain equipment such as mills (manual and CNC), surface grinders, lathe, other general hand tools and equipment
- Supply components and manage timing through specialty departments
- Perform final fit, assembly, and inspection of new molds
- Work with and train apprentice mold-makers
- Analyze and diagnose existing molds to make necessary repairs and engineering changes
- Oversee and manage several new mold builds at all times
- This position reports directly to the Shop Foreman and requires a close working relationship to technically communicate with the Mold Designers and the members of the other departments. Provides support to sales and management staff to assist with diagnosing and quoting as needed.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High-school diploma and Journeyman Mold-Maker certificate required
- Strong people and communication skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Strong 3D data and blueprint reading skills
- Strong knowledge of machine operation, set-ups, tooling selection, speeds and feeds.
- Operation of overhead cranes and lift truck
- Must be able to work a standard 40-hour week with regular overtime and weekends as required. Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position and essential functions including standing and operating equipment. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds safely.