Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform sample-based inspections to meet requirements for in-process inspections
- Perform CER particle testing
- Develop relationships with other departments with the goal of instructing and communicating quality requirements
- Non-conformance activities including tracing non-conforming conditions back to their start and segregating all potentially non-conforming material
- Completion of all required documentation, legibly and accurately, on paper and electronically in computer systems
- Review of production documentation for accuracy and conformance
- Use, maintain, and store quality assurance equipment and instruments properly
- Properly file all documentation and samples
- Communicate effectively with other shifts at shift change on a daily basis
- Maintain a professional relationship with all other employees
- Keep a clean and orderly work area
- Work to achieve Monthly Company goals and metrics while supporting and adhering to Medbio’s Corporate Mission and Core Values
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Quality Manager and/or Director of Quality
- The Quality Inspector I reports to the Quality Manager for technical direction and training. The QI I supports other Managers, Engineering, Manufacturing personnel, and Technical staff in resolving specification and/or part-quality issues. The QI I interacts with management, engineers, maintenance, operators, assemblers, and customers to resolve product or process-related issues.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred
- 0-2 years’ experience in quality assurance preferred
- Strong written/verbal communication, leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Basic math skills, including decimals and geometry
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Introductory measuring skills preferred, training provided
- Introductory blueprint reading skills preferred, training provided
- Must be able to work a standard 40-hour workweek, with occasional overtime including days outside of set schedule.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time as well as some walking within the facility.
- Must be able to have 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues.
- Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet.
- Must be able to lift and carry various items up to 30 pounds.
- Pass drug and physical screenings