Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all established policies, rules, and procedures are followed
- Prepare raw materials for set up in machining centers
- Operate and maintain equipment such as mills (manual and CNC), surface grinders, lathe, other general hand tools and equipment
- Set up workpieces for use with angle plates, fixtures, magnets, and vises
- Set up and change workpieces and tooling
- Inspect and verify completed work using visual checks and measurement tools
- Assist Lead Mold Makers with final fit, assembly, and inspection of new molds
- This position reports directly to the Shop Foreman or designated Mold-Maker and requires a close working relationship with each for assigned tasks.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High-school diploma or GED equivalent
- Strong people and communication skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Strong 3D data and blueprint reading skills
- Strong knowledge of machine operation, set-ups, tooling selection, speeds and feeds.
- Operation of overhead cranes and lift truck
- Must be able to work a standard 40-hour week with regular overtime and weekends as required. Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position and essential functions including standing and operating equipment. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds safely.