Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with preceding and succeeding Machine Operators to understand production needs or problems that require resolution.
- Learn basic inspection and packaging principles necessary to operate all jobs
- Produce, inspect, and pack, acceptable product per work instructions and approved samples for shipment to customers
- Daily review of part information books for accuracy
- Assist in organizing supplies and purchased goods to keep production flowing. Provide notification when critical supplies need to be ordered.
- Assist Molding Shift Leaders, Set-Up Technicians, and Process Technicians/Engineers when needed
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the molding manufacturing areas on a daily basis, including proper storage of all equipment and supplies
- Learn about, understand, and follow ISO-9001 and ISO-13485 procedures, as well as company policies and safety procedures
- Support and adhere to corporate mission, values, and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Molding Machine Operator I reports directly to the Shift Supervisor. They will take direction from Molding Machine Operators III and II to learn the skills required to be successful in the position.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to lift 25lbs required
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and arm movement required
- Ability to work standing or walking for an extended period of time required
- Ability to see colors (i.e absence of color blindness) required
- Must be able to work a standard 40 hour work week with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility.
- Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility.
- Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues.
- Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet.
- The ability to lift and carry various items up to 25 pounds.
- Pass drug and physical screenings.